Red Carpet Look // APSA 2017


This Thursday, I had the privilege of attending the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.

I left the event feeling inspired and proud to be a part of this film industry… Unlike the smoke & mirrors of LA (I love LA – don’t get me wrong), the event was organic, and the speeches were filled with joy and accomplishment that the years of challenging work each nominee & award winner put in to the film industry had finally been recognized.

My favourite part of the event was seeing so many diverse cultures come together in celebration through film, & in an industry that still does not represent varying cultures and people of all races (pop culture), it was so so incredible to actually see just that in my own country.

As Ann Marie Fleming (APSA Award winner for her animated film: Window Horses) said on the night: “Poetry and art can build bridges between cultures”


The Look

To say I'm in love with this dress is an understatement!
This dress is both elegant and classic whilst still being modern...
The dress is perfect for long events, as it is so comfortable and it has pockets!!
Thank you Haute & Sole for dressing me.
Get the dress here: Haute & Sole
Get the shoes here: Jo Mercer // High Heel Pumps

Details

The Hair
For the hair, I went with a simple (almost beach-y) curl to create an ethereal look... 
I also wanted a half-up do to frame my face but to also bring attention to the beautiful earrings I was wearing. I went with a braid to make it look youthful as well as intricate!
Thank you so much to Melissa for styling my hair!
Want Melissa to style your hair? Find her here (AUS only): Hair I Come



Accessories


Honestly I'm so in love with these jewelry pieces.
Nothing says elegance like a string of pearls & diamond drop earrings.
Get the earrings here: Pear Diamante Drop Earrings
Get the necklace here: Ivory Pearl Necklace

This clutch is so beautiful, the jewels in the center create a sweet, heart shape that makes it very princess-y. Whilst, it is silver rhinestones that cover the clutch, it still tied in with the outfit because of the tan underlining & the ivory beads.
Get the clutch here: Clutch Bags // Forever New (SOLD OUT :( )


                                                         


What did you think of the look?


Film recommendations from the night

A Silent Voice
Window Horses
The Seen & Unseen
Last Men in Aleppo
The Bottomless Bag
Sweet Country
Die Beautiful
Newton
Dede

                                                       

Much Love.

Comments

  1. You looked so glamourous and a lovely post here as to the APSA awards. Its refreshing to read here such appreciation for fellow filmmakers and to how you saw this event the APSA awards has grown up so much over the years, and it was a top notch night! Very proud of you. Looking forward to more events and your growth in this industry and you are such beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Connection

How to Manage Stress, When Your Life's A Mess